2 tsp sesame oil
450 g button mushrooms, sliced
½ garlic clove, crushed
1 tbsp caster sugar
2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
3 tsp hoisin sauce
2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
2 tbsp finely chopped chives
260 g (1 ¾ cups) plain flour
35 g (¼ cup) cornflour
1 tbsp caster sugar
¼ tsp salt flakes
1 tsp dry yeast
1 tbsp vegetable oil
185 ml (¾ cup) lukewarm water (37°C)
1 tbsp black sesame seeds
80 g (⅓ cup) hoisin sauce
1 lime, juiced
1 tbsp chilli oil
- Preheat a frying pan on high heat, induction setting 8 and add the sesame oil.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until lightly browned and crisp.
- Turn down to medium heat, induction setting 6 then add garlic, sugar, peanut butter, hoisin and sweet chilli sauce.
- Cook until thick and sticky, approximately 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir through chives, allow to cool.
- Stir the flour, cornflour, sugar and salt together in a bowl.
- Whisk the yeast, oil and water together and pour over the flour mixture.
- Mix until a dough forms then either knead on a bench for 5 minutes, or add to a freestanding mixer with a dough hook and mix on a medium speed for 3 minutes. The dough will be soft and silky to touch.
- Cover with a tea towel and place into the oven on Prove yeast dough for 20 minute or until double in volume.
- Roll into a sausage shape and cut into 24 equal pieces, 20g each.
- Flatten a piece of dough with your fingers, add a heaped teaspoon of cooled filling and close together forming a ball shape.
- Place seal side down into a perforated steam container lined with baking paper; continue for all the dough mix, allowing a 2cm gap in between each.
- Place in the steam oven and Steam at 40°C for 15 minutes, or until doubled in size.
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds over the top of each bun and Steam at 90°C for a further 10 minutes.
- Combine hoisin and lime juice.
- Serve with the citrus hoisin and chilli oil.
Hints and tips
- Other mushroom varieties can be used in the filling, such as shitake.
- The dumplings can also be frozen once they have cooled. Reheat on Steam at 100°C for 10 minutes.