400g broccoli, broken into small fleurettes
200ml sunflower oil for frying
3 long red chillies, sliced into thin rounds
3 cloves garlic, finely sliced
1 lemon, using the juice and finely grated zest
100ml garlic oil
20ml (1 tablespoon)
60ml olive oil
Murray River Sea Salt to taste
- Place the broccoli on a perforated steam tray and Steam at 100°C for 3 minutes. Cool quickly by placing in a bowl of iced water for 1 minute, or until cool.
- Heat oil over medium heat, Induction setting 6, to 170°C.
- Deep-fry the garlic slices for 2-3 minutes or until golden and crisp. Drain on paper towel.
- Deep-fry chilli slices until deep red colour and crispy. Drain on paper towel.
- Whisk all dressing ingredients together and season well with salt.
- Combine the broccoli with chilli, garlic and dressing. Toss well and serve immediately.
Hints and tips
- Yuzu is a Japanese citrus fruit, Yuzu juice can be purchased from Japanese grocers.
- A mixture of lemon and lime juice may be used as a substitute for Yuzu juice if desired.