50g fresh ginger, peeled and grated
½ pumpkin, sliced into 4cm thick wedges with skin
2 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon ground coriander
1 tablespoon ground turmeric
1 tablespoon ground garam masala
2 tablespoons curry powder
½ bunch coriander root, washed and finely chopped
½ tin Napoli passata
1 litre (4 tins) coconut cream
1 lime, juiced
1 cup coconut water
1. Pre-heat oven on Fan Plus at 175°C, if applicable, activate Crisp function.
2. Heat the olive oil in a medium sized saucepan over a low heat, Induction setting 4-5.
3. Sweat the ginger, chilli and spices for 1 minute, or until fragrant.
4. Increase to medium-high heat, Induction setting 6-7. Add passata and bring to the boil.
5. Add the coconut cream and water and bring back to the boil, add coriander root and simmer until slightly thickened.
6. Place the pumpkin wedges into a wide baking tray that has been buttered and seasoned with salt, lay them
decoratively side by side.
7. Pour the curry sauce over the pumpkin. Place into the oven on shelf position 2 and bake for 35 minutes or until tender.
8. Remove and cover with foil until ready to serve. I prefer to rest the pumpkin at least 30 minutes before serving.