500g lamb mince
100g onion, finely diced
50g pine nuts
1 tbs chopped coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp sumac
Salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
500g full butter puff pastry
1 egg, lightly whisked
1 tbs nigella seeds
1. Combine lamb mince, onion, pine nuts, harissa, currants, coriander, cumin and sumac in a large bowl. Season with salt flakes and black pepper. Mix well to combine.
2. Roll pastry to 3mm thickness. Cut the puff pastry into 24cm x 8cm. If using ready rolled sheets, cut in half horizontally.
3. Spoon or pipe the lamb mixture along the length of each pastry sheet forming a sausage-like shape.
4. Roll over pastry to enclose the meat then brush opposite long edge with egg mix.
5. Roll up pastry to enclose filling, finishing seam side down.
6. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Chill in the Refrigerator for 20-30 minutes before portioning. Cut into 3-4cm pieces.
7. Place sausage rolls on a lined Baking tray. Brush the tops with egg mix then sprinkle over nigella seeds. Place tray on shelf position 2.
8. Select combination mode:
Stage 1: Select Fan Plus at 100°C + 7 minutes + 100% moisture
Stage 2: Select Fan Plus at 200°C + 10 minutes + 90% moisture
Stage 3: Select Fan Plus at 200°C + 5 minutes + 75% moisture
Stage 4: Select Fan Plus at 200°C + 12 minutes +0%
9. Remove from the Oven and serve warm.
Hints and tips
- Sausage rolls can be stored uncooked in the freezer and cooked from frozen. If cooking from frozen allow 10 minutes cooking time in Step 1 and 17 minutes cooking time in Step 4.