6 medium sized carrots, whole, peeled and trimmed
2 tablespoons finely diced shallot
50g unsalted butter, diced
½ teaspoon salt flakes
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp chilli flakes
2 tsp caster sugar
3 tsp Chinese black vinegar
2 tsp Sichuan peppercorns, toasted and ground
1 tsp sesame seeds
¼ cup spring onions, finely sliced
Lemon juice to taste
- Mix all ingredients until well combined and set aside.
- Place carrots, shallot, butter and salt into a large vacuum sealing bag. Place into the vacuum sealing drawer and Seal on setting 3 and Vacuum on setting 3.
- Place the sealed bag on a wire rack in the steam oven and Sous-vide at 85°C for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Remove carrots from the vacuum sealing bag and cut into bite sized pieces avoiding uniformity; they look better in different shapes.
- In a bowl, mix the carrot with half of the dressing and a good squeeze of lemon juice. Season to taste with more salt if desired.
- Serve in a large bowl, drizzle with extra dressing if desired and scatter with coriander leaves and chives.