4 small rainbow trout
200g brown sugar
200g jasmine tea
25g Lilliput capers, soaked in water, drained
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons tarragon, chopped
2 teaspoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
¼ bunch basil leaves, sliced very thinly
20mls lemon juice
250g unsalted butter, diced
Murray River Sea Salt and white pepper to taste
Bronze fennel fronds
12 rainbow carrots
- Pre-heat oven on Fan Grill at 250°C.
- Line the base of the Induction Gourmet oven dish with foil, shiny side up.
- Place sugar, rice and tea on the foil and cook covered on high, Induction setting 8, until smoking.
- Place a small roasting rack in the dish over the smoking mixture and quickly sit the fish on top. Cover with the lid.
- Transfer the dish to the oven on shelf position 4. Remove the lid and cook for 8 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and blend until almost smooth. Set aside in a dish until required.
- Wash and peel the carrots leaving a small length of the top intact.
- Place carrots in a perforated steam tray and Steam at 100°C for 4 minutes.
- Warm the caper butter in a small pan on low heat, Induction setting 4 until melted.
- Spread the cleaned fennel fronds onto a serving platter and sit the fish on top.
- Drizzle warm caper butter over the fish and carrots, serve immediately.