4 duck legs
1 tbs oil
2 onions, thinly sliced
4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
250g hot chorizo, sliced
60ml red wine
1 tbs sherry vinegar
500ml chicken stock
400g can cherry tomatoes in juice
1 bay leaf
¼ tsp smoked paprika
400g can butter beans
1 tbs oregano leaves, chopped
- Heat a Gourmet oven dish over medium-high heat, Induction setting 7. Add oil and cook duck legs slowly for 10 minutes until brown and the fat has rendered. Remove and set aside.
- Drain off all but half a tablespoon of fat. Add the onions and garlic to the pan and fry until soft and golden.
- Add the chorizo and fry until browned. Return the duck to the dish.
- Pour in wine and vinegar and bring to the boil; scraping off any pieces from the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon.
- Add the stock, tomatoes, bay leaf and paprika and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the duck to Steam Combination Oven and Select Combination Mode:
- Stage 1: Select Conventional + 130°C + 2 hours + 60% moisture.
- After 2 hours, remove from the Oven. Remove the duck from the pan to rest.
- Place the liquid onto the cooktop on high heat, Induction setting 8 and reduce by half, this should take approximately
- Add the beans and half the chopped herbs and warm through.
- Spoon the chorizo, bean mixture into a bowl, and top with a duck leg. Garnish with oregano leaves.
Hints and tips
- After draining the unused duck fat from frying pan, allow to cool. This can be used separately to roast potatoes.