4 duck legs
1 tbs oil
2 onions, thinly sliced
4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
250g hot chorizo, sliced
60ml red wine
1 tbs sherry vinegar
500ml chicken stock
400g can cherry tomatoes in juice
1 bay leaf
¼ tsp smoked paprika
400g can butter beans
1 tbs oregano leaves, chopped
1. Heat a Gourmet oven dish over medium-high heat, Induction setting 7. Add oil and cook duck legs slowly for 10 minutes until brown and the fat has rendered. Remove and set aside.
2. Drain off all but half a tablespoon of fat. Add the onions and garlic to the pan and fry until soft and golden.
3. Add the chorizo and fry until browned. Return the duck to the dish.
4. Pour in wine and vinegar and bring to the boil; scraping off any pieces from the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon.
Add the stock, tomatoes, bay leaf and paprika and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Transfer the duck to Steam Combination Oven and Select Combination Mode:
Stage 1: Select Conventional + 130°C + 2 hours + 60% moisture.
6. After 2 hours, remove from the Oven. Remove the duck from the pan to rest.
7. Place the liquid onto the cooktop on high heat, Induction setting 8 and reduce by half, this should take approximately
8. Add the beans and half the chopped herbs and warm through.
1. Spoon the chorizo, bean mixture into a bowl, and top with a duck leg. Garnish with oregano leaves.
HINTS AND TIPS
• After draining the unused duck fat from frying pan, allow to cool. This can be used separately to roast potatoes.