1 x 200g salmon supreme portion, skin off
2 tablespooons soy sauce
1 teaspoon wasabi paste
80g podded edamame beans
15g white sesame seeds
5g black sesame seeds
Japanese kewpie mayonnaise
Sea salt flakes
1. Mix soy sauce with wasabi, place in a shallow dish.
2. Place salmon in the soy and wasabi marinade, turn to coat all sides.
3. Mix sesame seeds and place on a flat plate.
4. Press one side of the salmon into the sesame seeds, turn and press the opposite side into the sesame seeds to form a crust.
5. Heat a frying pan on medium-high heat, Induction setting 7, heat for 4-5 minutes, or if using temperature control Setting 3.
6. When pre-heated add 1-2 teaspoons of grapeseed oil, then add salmon and sear 1 side for 1-2 minutes until sesame seeds are well browned. Turn the salmon carefully and sear the opposite side. Remove and slice for service.
7. Place water in a small saucepan and bring to the boil on high heat, Induction setting 9, or boost function. Add podded edamame beans, blanch for 30 seconds. Remove to a bowl with a slotted spoon, season with sea salt flakes.
8. Place salmon in a serving bowl, add a little squeeze of mayonnaise to the side and scatter over the edamame beans. Spoon a little extra soy and wasabi marinade over the salmon to serve.
Hints and tips
- Edamame beans are bought frozen in pods. To defrost simply place in a bowl of water for 5 minutes or until defrosted, then squeeze out the bright green beans.