1 daikon (small), thinly sliced
3 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 tsp sugar
180 g salmon, pin boned, skin removed
1 tbsp dashi
1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
½ tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp lime juice
1 green chilli, finely diced
1/3 cup kewpie mayonnaise
2 tsp wasabi powder
1 tsp fresh lime juice
Sesame seeds, toasted
Micro coriander, tatsoi
- Place the daikon into a small vacuum sealing bag.
- Combine the rice wine vinegar and sugar in a bowl and stir until dissolved. Pour the liquid into the bag with the daikon.
- Place the bag into the vacuum sealing drawer, Vacuum on setting 3 and Seal on setting 3.
- Place into the refrigerator overnight.
- Using a sharp knife, finely cut salmon into 5 mm dice.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- Add the salmon and leave to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Mix all mayonnaise ingredients together and place into a piping bag.
- Assemble the daikon rounds onto a serving platter. Spoon a tablespoon of salmon mix into the centre.
- Top with wasabi mayonnaise and garnish with sesame seeds, lime zest and herbs.
Hints and tips
- Leftover daikon can be used in salads or stir-fry dishes.