6 chicken Maryland
600g new potatoes
400g truss cherry tomatoes
1 bunch fresh oregano, roughly chopped
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
Murray River Sea Salt to taste
1. Place the potatoes in a perforated steam tray and steam at 100°C for 20 minutes.
2. Halve the Maryland’s so you have individual drumsticks, and chicken thighs. Place a Gourmet oven dish on medium-high heat, Induction setting 7, and place the chicken pieces skin side down so they get a nice golden colour.
3. Once the chicken is golden, remove the dish from the heat, remove the chicken and set aside in a large bowl.
4. Lightly crush the potatoes by pushing down on them with your thumb. Add to the bowl with the chicken.
5. Add the tomatoes, oil, 1 tablespoon of vinegar and half the oregano with a generous pinch of salt.
6. Toss everything together and place back into the oven dish, making sure your chicken is skin side up.
7. Roast in the oven on Fan Plus at 160°C for 40 minutes.
1. Remove from the oven, drizzle with vinegar and sprinkle with oregano.
Hints & Tips
• This dish is delicious served with a simple watercress or rocket salad.