For the base
150 grams sugar
1 kilogram frozen raspberries
45 grams cornflour
butter, at room temperature for greasing moulds
500 grams egg whites (between 15–20 eggs, 1 egg white is normally 30 grams)
125 grams sugar
100 grams white chocolate, chopped
- For the base, mix the sugar and water together in a saucepan and bring up to 110°C. Add the raspberries and cook until soft.
- To finish, mix the cornflour with a little of the raspberry juice or water and then add it to the raspberries and boil for at least five minutes to ensure the cornflour is cooked.
- Blend in a mixer and then pass through a chinois to ensure all the seeds are separated. Allow to cool.
- Pre heat oven on Fan Plus 180˚C
- Prepare the soufflé moulds by brushing the insides with room temperature butter and then keep in the fridge on a baking tray until ready to use.
- For the soufflé mix, whisk the egg white and sugar together to make a soft meringue. Add to the raspberry mix and gently fold together. Mix in the chopped white chocolate.
- Fill a piping bag with the mix and pipe into the moulds.
- Place the moulds in pre heated oven, on shelf position 2, for 8 minutes. Serve immediately.
- The capacity of the moulds suggested are 150ml
- The recipe can easily be halved to serve 7