50g golden shallot, finely diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 cup risotto rice
1¾ cup chicken or vegetable stock
120g reserved pumpkin puree, room temperature
100g peeled butternut pumpkin, cut to 1cm dice
20g unsalted butter, diced
Murray River salt flakes, to taste
Fresh lemon juice, to taste
60g soft goats cheese, chèvre
4-6 store bought amaretti biscuits
Black pepper, cracked
Micro or small basil leaves
500g butternut pumpkin, peeled and cut into 2cm dice
25g Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, freshly grated
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
Salt flakes and white pepper, to taste
1. Place peeled pumpkin in a Perforated steam tray. Steam at 100ºC for 20 minutes or until the pumpkin is soft.
2. While still warm, puree the pumpkin with Parmigiano Reggiano, extra virgin olive oil and season to taste. Set aside.
1. Place golden shallot, garlic and butter in a Solid steam tray, season with salt flakes and Steam at 100ºC for 3 minutes.
2. Add rice, stock, pumpkin puree and diced pumpkin to the Solid steam tray. Steam at 100ºC for 18 minutes.
3. When cooked, add butter then cover and rest for 4 minutes.
4. Stir risotto to combine and emulsify all ingredients. Season to taste with salt flakes and lemon juice.
1. Top with a small amount of crushed amaretti, crumbled chèvre, basil leaves and cracked black pepper.
HINTS AND TIPS
- • A variety of cheese could be used in place of chèvre. eg. gorgonzola, fetta, talleggio.
• Parsley, watercress or rocket could be substituted if basil is unavailable.
• Amaretti biscuits are a sweet Italian biscuit flavoured with almond.