300 g root vegetables – (such as potatoes, sweet potatoes, beetroot or turnips)
Salt flakes, to taste
Garlic aioli, to serve (optional)
1. Using a mandolin, slice the potatoes into 2mm thick slices. Arrange evenly onto baking paper lined trays, ensuring no slices are overlapping. Up to 3 trays can be cooked at a time. Spray lightly with oil and season to taste with salt flakes.
2. Place into the oven on shelf levels 2 and 4. Select Moisture Plus with Fan Plus at 130°C with 2 bursts of steam releasing a burst of steam after 5 minutes and the second burst after 10 minutes. Cook for 25 minutes.
3. Change the setting to Fan Plus at 85°C and activate the Crisp function. Cook for a further 2-3 hours until crisp and translucent.
4. Serve with garlic aioli or use as a gluten free base for dips and canapés.
Hints and tips
• If your oven does not have Crisp function, extend the cooking time at step 3 by 30-40 minutes.
• Season the slices of potato to taste with your favourite herbs and spices before drying for exciting taste variations.
• This programme works equally well with thick leafy greens like kale, you may however have to reduce the drying time.