300g medium sized potatoes, sweet potatoes
or your favourite root vegetable, washed
Murray river salt flakes
Garlic aioli (optional)
1. Using a mandolin, slice the potatoes into 2mm thick slices. Arrange evenly onto baking paper lined trays, ensuring no slices are overlapping. Up to 3 trays can be cooked at a time. Spray lightly with oil and season to taste with salt flakes.
2. Place into the Oven on Shelf position 2 and 4. Select Moisture Plus at 130°C with 2 bursts of steam releasing a burst of steam
after 5 minutes and the second burst after 10 minutes. Cook for 25 minutes.
3. Change the setting to Fan Plus at 85°C and activate the Crisp function. Cook for a further 2-3 hours until crisp and translucent.
4. Serve with garlic aioli or use as a gluten free base for dips and canapés.
HINTS AND TIPS
• If your oven does not have Crisp function, extend the cooking time at step 3 by 30-40 minutes.
• Season the slices of potato to taste with your favourite herbs and spices before drying for exciting taste variations.
• This programme works well with a variety of starchy vegetables, such as beetroot, sweet potato, pumpkin as well as thick leafy greens like kale, you may however have to adjust the drying time.