2 tsp (7 g) dried yeast
1 tsp caster sugar
400 ml (2 ⅔ cups) warm water
600 g (4 cups) Baker’s flour, plus extra
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp salt flakes
2 tbsp semolina
750 ml homemade or store bought
1 x 200 g fresh mozzarella ball
1 cup basil leaves
1. Combine the yeast, sugar and water in a small bowl and mix well. Set aside for 5 minutes or until bubbles form.
2. Place the flour, oil, and salt in a bowl of a freestanding mixer with a dough hook attachment. Pour the yeast mixture into the bowl, mix on low speed for 1 minute to combine.
3. Increase the speed to medium and continue to mix for 5 minutes, or until a smooth ball forms.
4. Place the dough into a large lightly greased metal bowl. Place into the oven on Prove yeast dough and prove for 30 minutes, or until the dough doubles in volume.
5. For added flavour place the dough in the refrigerator and leave to rise slowly for 24-48 hours, knocking back several times.
1. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and sprinkle with more flour. Shape into a rectangle and cut it into 4 equal parts. Shape each piece into a ball, stretching and tucking the dough to create a smooth surface, adding more flour if needed.
2. Place the gourmet baking stone on shelf level 3. Preheat the oven on Full Grill at 280°C for at least 30 minutes.
3. Cover the dough balls with a tea towel and allow to rest for 15 minutes.
4. Flatten out each ball and shape into a thin circle using your hands or a rolling pin.
5. Dust the wooden paddle with a little flour and semolina.
6. Top pizza base with tomato sauce, break up the mozzarella and place evenly over the pizza, along with the basil.
7. Gently slide the pizza onto the wooden paddle. Slide out the rack and place the pizza onto the gourmet baking stone. Cook the pizza for 5-7 minutes rotating once, if needed. Repeat with the remaining pizzas.
Prosciutto and rocket pizza
After the margarita comes out of the oven place some thinly sliced prosciutto, rocket and parmesan on the pizza before serving.
Pizza ai fungi
Place roasted mushrooms, mozzarella, and truffle oil on the pizza before baking. Sprinkle with lemon thyme to serve.
Pumpkin, ricotta and olive pizza
Place roasted pumpkin slices on the pizza before baking. Top with ricotta and olives after baking.
Alternative appliance method
1. Preheat the oven on Intensive Bake at 230°C with the universal tray or baking tray on shelf level 1.
2. Cook the pizzas for 10 minutes, or until the base is crisp.