250g tepid water
7g dry yeast
8g caster sugar
360g bakers flour
1 teaspoon salt flakes
Flour and semolina for rolling
1. Mix the water, yeast and sugar together in the bowl of a stand mixer. Let this stand for 10 minutes.
2. Add flour and salt to the yeast mixture. Using a dough hook, knead on medium low speed for 8 minutes until the dough is smooth and elastic. If necessary, add more flour to prevent the dough from sticking to the bowl.
3. Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with a damp tea towel or cling wrap.
4. Place bowl onto a baking and roasting rack on shelf position 2. Select Conventional heat at 40°C and prove dough for 45 minutes or until dough has almost doubled in size.
5. Divide the dough into 6 even sized pieces (100gram) and form into balls.
6. On a lightly floured benchtop, flatten and roll out dough to approximately 6mm thick. Leave to stand for 15 minutes.
7. Place the Gourmet baking stone on shelf position 2. Select Moisture Plus at 250°C with 3 bursts of steam. Pre-heat baking stone for 30 minutes.
8. Flip the rolled bread right before baking and set it top side down on the Gourmet baking stone, release a burst of steam.
9. Bake for 4 minutes. Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
10. Continue baking pita breads, releasing further bursts with each bread.
HINTS AND TIPS
- Breads can also be baked on the baking tray. Pre-heat on shelf position 2 as per step 6.