4 duck breasts
10g mixed peppercorns (pink, white, black, green)
10g Murray River Salt Flakes
2 shallots, finely chopped
2 tsp thyme, finely chopped
40ml olive oil
250ml fruity red wine
300ml beef stock
90ml blackberry preserve
20ml sherry vinegar
1. Lightly roast pepper in a pan on low heat, Induction setting 3-4 for 2 minutes or until fragrant. Leave to cool slightly.
2. Add salt to roasted peppercorns and grind into a coarse rub.
3. Score the skin on the duck breast into diamond shapes, making sure not to cut into the flesh.
4. Rub peppercorns onto the skin and leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
5. Place the marinated duck breasts on the grilling and roasting insert, placed in the multi-purpose tray.
6. Place the tray into the Oven on shelf position 2. Select Combination Mode: Full Grill, Level 3 + 20 minutes + 70% moisture.
7. Remove from the Oven and rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
1. In a pre-heated saucepan on medium-high heat, Induction setting 6-7, add olive oil, thyme and shallots and cook until shallots have softened.
2. Deglaze the pan with wine, bring to the boil and reduce by half, approximately 5 minutes.
3. Add in beef stock, blackberries and preserve, mashing berries into the sauce.
4. Simmer sauce on medium heat, Induction setting 5-6 until it thickens and coats the back of a spoon. Strain through a fine sieve and discard solids.
5. Transfer sauce back into the saucepan and stir in sherry vinegar.
6. Remove sauce from heat and swirl in cold butter and season to taste.
1. Thinly slice duck breast and serve on a bed of lemon and pea rice salad.
Hints or tips
• Fresh or frozen blackberries can be used for the red wine glaze.