4 large ripe peaches, split in half with stone removed
150g flaked almonds, toasted
100g unsalted butter, softened
70g brown sugar
Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
Runny custard or cream
- Pre-heat the oven on Fan Grill 180°C, depending on the ripeness of your peaches, arrange the peach halves skin side down on a multi-purpose tray with the grilling and roasting insert.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the almonds, butter, brown sugar and lemon zest, mix well.
- Spoon the mixture onto the center of each of the peach halves, then place the tray into the oven on shelf 3. Grill for 10-20 minutes until the topping has browned and the peaches are tender.
- Serve warm with runny custard or fresh cream.
Hints and tips
- This recipe will work well with a variety of seasonal fruits, figs, pears and apples could all be substituted, however firm and under ripe fruit may need to be cooked briefly without the topping.
- Fruits that are still firm and not fully ripe will require more cooking to become tender. To avoid the topping browning too quickly, set the temperature lower, 160°C and cook longer, approximately 30 minute