300 ml water
700 ml verjuice
250 g caster sugar
2 sprigs lemon verbena
3 ripe yellow peaches
500 ml strained poaching liquid
5 gold gelatine leaves, softened
250 g cream cheese
250 g crème fraîche
100 g natural yoghurt
100 g pure icing sugar
1 vanilla bean split, seeds scraped
2 gold gelatine leaves, soaked in cold water
150 ml poaching liquid
160 g isomalt
½ cup natural almonds
250 ml almond milk
Lemon verbena flowers
Peach poaching liquid, extra
1. Place water, verjuice and sugar into a large saucepan. Bring to the boil on Induction setting 9.
2. Transfer liquid into deep solid steam container. Add in lemon verbena and peaches. Cover with cling wrap and Steam at 95°C for approximately 10 minutes, or until skin of the peaches can easily be removed.
3. Allow peaches to cool in the liquid before removing the skin. Discard skin and leave peaches in the liquid. Place into an airtight container and cool in the refrigerator until required.
1. Bring the poaching liquid to the boil in a saucepan on Induction setting 9. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
2. Once liquid is below 80°C add softened gelatine and stir to combine. Strain through a fine sieve over a container. Set in the refrigerator.
1. In a freestanding mixer with the paddle attachment, combine cream cheese, crème fraîche, sugar and vanilla bean. Beat on medium speed until smooth.
2. When the gelatine is soft, drain off excess water and heat in the Microwave at 600W for 20 seconds, or until melted. Do not heat above 80°C.
3. Add a small amount of cream cheese mixture to the melted gelatine and combine before adding back into the cream cheese mix and fold through.
4. Place into a container and gently tap on the bench to remove air bubbles before allowing to set in the refrigerator.
1. Place the poaching liquid and isomalt in a medium sized saucepan.
2. Heat over on a high heat, Induction setting 8 until the isomalt is dissolved, and the temperature reaches 160°C on a thermometer.
3. Poor mix directly on a baking tray lined with a silpat mat and allow to set at room temperature.
4. Once set it should be extremely hard and glass like. Break into shards and store in an airtight container in the freezer.
1. Bring a saucepan of water to the boil on Induction setting 9. Add in almonds and blanch for 1 minute.
2. Strain almonds and place into cold water. Once cool, peel off skins.
3. Place blanched almonds into a container of almond milk. Seal with a lid and soak nuts in milk over night to soften.
1. Cut the peaches into quarters and place into a bowl.
2. Using a spoon, break the jelly and add to the serving. Quenelle the cream cheese.
3. Garnish with verbena tuille and soaked almonds. Spoon over a little remaining poaching liquid, top with lemon verbena flowers and serve.
Hints and tips
• Peaches can also be poached on medium heat, Induction setting 5, for 5-10 minutes until tender.
• Isomalt can be purchased from speciality food stores or online.