250g caster sugar
2 sprigs lemon verbena
3 ripe yellow peaches
150ml poaching liquid
½ cup natural almonds
250ml almond milk
500ml strained poaching liquid
5 gold gelatine leaves, softened
250g cream cheese
250g crème fraîche
100g natural yoghurt
100g pure icing sugar
1 vanilla bean split, seeds scraped
2 gold gelatine leaves, soaked in
Lemon verbena flowers
Verjuice poaching liquid, extra
1. Place water, verjuice and sugar into a large saucepan. Bring to the boil on Induction
2. Transfer liquid into deep solid steam container. Add in lemon verbena and peaches.
Cover with cling wrap and Steam at 95°C for approximately 10 minutes, or until skin
of the peaches can easily be removed.
3. Allow peaches to cool in the liquid before removing the skin. Discard skin and leave
peaches in the liquid. Place into an airtight container and cool in the refrigerator
1. Bring the poaching liquid to the boil in a saucepan on Induction setting 9. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
2. Once liquid is below 80°C add softened gelatine and stir to combine. Strain through a fine sieve over a container. Set in the refrigerator.
1. In a freestanding mixer with the paddle attachment, combine cream cheese, crème fraîche, sugar and vanilla bean. Beat on medium speed until smooth.
2. When the gelatine is soft, drain off excess water and heat in the Microwave at 600W
for 20 seconds, or until melted. Do not heat above 80°C.
3. Add a small amount of cream cheese mixture to the melted gelatine and combine before adding back into the cream cheese mix and fold through.
4. Place into a container and gently tap on the bench to remove air bubbles before allowing to set in the refrigerator.
1. Place the poaching liquid and isomalt in a medium sized saucepan.
2. Heat over on a high heat, Induction setting 8 until the isomalt is dissolved, and the
temperature reaches 160°C on a thermometer.
3. Poor mix directly on a baking tray lined with a silpat mat and allow to set at
4. Once set it should be extremely hard and glass like. Break into shards and store
in an airtight container in the freezer.
1. Bring a saucepan of water to the boil on Induction setting 9. Add in almonds and blanch for 1 minute.
2. Strain almonds and place into cold water. Once cool, peel off skins.
3. Place blanched almonds into a container of almond milk. Seal with a lid and soak nuts
in milk over night to soften.
1. Cut peaches into quarters and place into a bowl.
2. Using a spoon, break the jelly and add to the serving. Quenelle cream cheese.
3. Garnish with verbena tuille and soaked almonds. Spoon over reserved poaching liquid, top with lemon verbena flowers and serve.
Hints and tips
• Peaches can also be poached on medium heat, Induction setting 5, for 5-10 minutes
• Isomalt can be purchased from speciality food stores or online.