600g Bakers flour
30g olive oil
Semolina and Bakers flour for dusting
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix all ingredients to form a smooth dough. Cover with cling wrap and leave on the bench overnight to prove.
2. The next day, gently press the dough down, gathering the edges into the centre to form a ball. Invert and return to the bowl.
3. Cover and prove for a further 15-20 minutes. Repeat 2-3 times. This process captures air in the dough and further develops the gluten.
4. Turn the dough out onto a well-floured bench and shape the dough into a loose loaf. Place dough onto a Baking tray, lined with a fine linen tea towel or proving cloth. Dust the towel with flour and semolina and fold over the dough and allow to double in size. Alternatively place the loaf into the Oven on Proving function for approximately 1 hour or until it doubles in size.
5. Pre-heat a Multi-purpose tray or pizza stone on shelf position 2 on Conventional at 230°C for 20-30 minutes.
6. Dust the pre-heated tray with semolina and using the towel, roll the bread onto the tray. The top of the loaf will now become the bottom. Dust with semolina and flour.
7. Change oven mode to Moisture Plus at 210°C with 2 bursts of steam releasing the first burst immediately and the second burst after 10 minutes. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Hints and tips
• For a healthier alternative, up to a half of the Bakers flour can be substituted with Rye or Wholemeal flour.