4 x 150g salmon fillets, skinned and pin boned
200 g (1 cup) white rice, preferably Japanese rice
375 ml (1 ½ cups) water
200 g baby beans, trimmed
1 spring onion, thinly sliced
Micro shiso leaves for garnish, optional
80 ml (⅓ cup) mirin
80 ml (⅓ cup) tamari
2 tbsp white or red miso paste
2 cm piece ginger (10 g), finely grated
2 tsp caster sugar
- Prepare the marinade.
- Place the salmon on an unperforated steam tray lined with a piece of baking paper and pour over the marinade. Cover and marinate for 1 hour.
- Place the rice and water another unperforated steam tray. Place in the steam oven and Steam at 100°C for 10 minutes.
- Place the salmon in the steam oven with the rice and Steam at 100°C for a further 3 minutes along with the rice.
- Place the beans into perforated team tray and Steam at 100°C for 1 minute with the salmon and rice.
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a bowl and whisk well to combine.
Hints and tips
- This recipe is also delicious with chicken. Marinate chicken for 1-2 hours. Place chicken and marinade into unperforated steam tray. Steam 95°C for 12 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Use sustainably farmed king salmon. Other fatty fish such as ocean trout or kingfish work well with this recipe. Simply ask your local fishmonger for advice.