1kg potatoes, peeled and sliced
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
4 large brown onions, peeled and
2 garlic cloves, peeled and
2 tablespoons cultured butter
Murray River sea salt to taste
2 tablespoons parsley, finely
1 cup gravy or brown stock
1. Place the potatoes in a perforated tray, place in the Steam Oven and Steam at 100°C for
2. Using the Induction gourmet casserole dish, heat over medium-high heat, Induction setting
7 and add the olive oil.
3. When the oil is hot, add the onions and garlic and season with salt.
4. Sauté the onions until soft and golden brown, approximately 10 minutes.
5. Remove the onions and garlic and place to the side in a bowl.
6. Place the casserole dish back on the Induction cooktop on medium heat, Induction setting
6 and melt the butter until it starts to turn golden and nutty.
7. Cover a layer over the bottom of the tray with 1/3 of the sliced potatoes.
8. Season well with salt. Cover the first layer of potatoes with ½ of the onions.
9. Cover the onions with 1/3 of the potatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
10. Repeat the layering until all of the potatoes and onions are used and add the gravy.
11. Place the casserole dish in the oven on Intensive Bake at 180°C and bake for 20 minutes,
until the potatoes are golden brown.
12. Remove from the oven and add chopped parsley prior to serving.