75ml milk, warm
7g dried yeast
50g caster sugar
280g bakers flour
½ tsp salt
2 eggs, beaten
75g butter, diced
6 limes, zested and juiced
800g caster sugar
200ml dark rum
100ml double cream
1 tbs icing sugar
Lemon balm, optional
- In a small bowl, combine milk, yeast and sugar. Stir until the yeast is dissolved.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer with dough hook attachment, combine flour and salt. Pour in the milk followed by remaining ingredients. Knead on low speed until a smooth dough forms.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly greased bowl and cover with cling wrap. Place into the Oven on Prove yeast dough at 30°C for approximately 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
- Tip the proved dough out onto a lightly floured bench and divide evenly into 12 balls weighing approximately 50g. Place each portion into greased 150ml stainless steel dariole moulds or a lightly floured 12 cup muffin tin.
- Cover loosely with cling wrap and return to the Oven to prove for approximately 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
- Pre-heat the Oven on Moisture Plus at 200°C with 1 manual burst of steam.
- Remove the cling wrap, place the tray on shelf position 2 and release the burst of steam immediately. Bake for 8 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Pour the lime juice into a jug and add enough water to make up to 560ml. Tip into a small saucepan and add the sugar. Bring to a simmer on medium heat, Induction setting 6 and reduce until it becomes thick and syrupy.
- Add the rum, increase to high heat, Induction setting 8 and bring to the boil.
- Place the rum babas into the syrup and fully immerse to coat. Set aside to cool before transferring to the refrigerator to chill.
- Whip the cream and icing sugar until you have stiff peaks. Fold through the mascarpone and passionfruit pulp.
- Place the rum babas on plates, dollop over some passionfruit cream and decorate with lemon balm.