1 packet Carême shortcrust pastry
210 ml lemon juice (approximately 5 lemons)
180 g caster sugar
240 ml cream
- Preheat the Dialog oven on Intensive Bake at 170°C.
- Line a 23cm tart tin with the shortcrust pastry. Place a layer of baking paper inside the pastry and top with ceramic baking beads, dried pulses or rice.
- Place into the oven on shelf position 1 and blind bake for 20 minutes. Remove the baking beads and bake for a further 15 minutes, or until the pastry is golden.
- In a freestanding mixer with whisk attachment, mix sugar and eggs on medium speed until combined.
- Add the lemon juice and cream and whisk until fully combined.
- Once the pastry has been blind baked, pour the filling through a sieve into the tart shell.
- Change the settings to M Chef + Intensive Bake + 130°C + GU Intensity: Gentle + Preheat: On. Place the tart into the oven on shelf position 2 and bake for 40 minutes, or until the filling is nicely set.
- Remove from the oven and allow the tart to cool to room temperature before placing into the refrigerator.
- Slice the tart into equal sized pieces and serve with a dollop of crème fraiche.
Hints and tips
- It is important to have the filling ingredients as close to room temperature as possible prior to baking. If using ingredients straight from the refrigerator, you may need to extend the cooking time of the tart.
- It is important to allow the tart to cool prior to placing into the refrigerator to avoid cracking on the surface.
- If you don’t have a Dialog oven, you can bake using Intensive Bake function. Modify step 7 as follows: Change the temperature to 130°C. Place the tart into the oven on shelf position 1 and bake for 50 minutes, or until the filling is nicely set.