160 g unsalted butter
2 tsp honey
170 g caster sugar
170 g plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
50 g almonds, ground
1 tbsp lemon zest
2 tbsp lemon juice
50 g melted butter, extra
50 g caster sugar
1 lemon, zested
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt together butter and honey. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile in a bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar until pals. In a separate bowl, sift flour and baking powder together. Gradually add the flour into the egg mixture, followed by the almond meal and stir until combined.
- Fold in the cooled butter and honey mixture and the lemon zest and juice.
- Allow the batter to rest covered in the Refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven on Fan Plus at 175°C.
- Brush Madeleine irons/trays with melted butter and spoon heaped teaspoons of the mix into each mould until they are ¾ filled. The amount will vary depending on the size of your trays.
- Bake in Oven for 15-20 minutes until the edges are golden brown and the centres have risen.
- Combine lemon sugar ingredients in a bowl and reserve.
- Once Madeleines are cooked, immediately remove from Oven and tip out onto a wire rack.
- Toss warm Madeleines in lemon sugar and serve immediately.