8 egg yolks (approximately 150g)
250g caster sugar
150ml lemon juice
Zest of ½ lemon
150ml thickened cream, whipped
12 Sunrise Limes, frozen
1 litre pure cream, 35% fat
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon citric acid
1. Pour cream into a Solid steam tray. Combine water and citric acid in a bowl and stir to dissolve.
2. Whisk solution into cream and place in a Steam Oven and Steam at 85°C for 30 minutes.
3. Remove from Oven and cover with a tea towel and refrigerate overnight.
4. Pour curds into a muslin lined sieve set over a clean bowl and strain in the Refrigerator till mixture separates, approximately 2 hours.
5. Once mascarpone has separated, discard whey
1. Combine egg yolks, sugar, juice and zest in an Induction proof bowl or saucepan. Whisk on Induction setting 6-7 for 10-15 minutes until the mixture is thick and has quadrupled in size.
2. Remove from heat and whisk until cool.
3. Line a loaf tin or terrine mould with cling wrap approximately 25 x 10cm in diameter.
4. Lightly stir mascarpone to remove any lumps before folding through the custard. Add the whipped cream and fold through gently.
5. Pour into a lined tin and smooth the top. Place a piece of cling wrap flush against the top and freeze overnight.
1. Fill a kitchen sink with a little warm water and place the tin in the water to loosen the parfait from the sides. Turn onto a serving plate and serve whole or cut into thick slices.
2. Top generously with finely grated frozen Sunrise Limes and sprinkle with lemon myrtle.
• Parfait will keep frozen for up to a month.
• Mascarpone will keep in the refrigerator for up to one week.
• Sunrise Limes are a native hybrid between a cumquat, mandarin and a finger lime. If unavailable substitute with cumquats or a seasonal citrus fruit.
• Pure cream contains no additives or thickeners.