2kg Lamb leg, seasoned with salt and white pepper
2kg duck fat
1 garlic bulb, cut in half
2 rosemary sprigs
300g Lamb leg confit meat, 3 eschallots, finely chopped
1 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
1 garlic bulb, confit
½ cup dried cranberries, rehydrated in hot water for 10 minutes, drained
2/3 cup roasted pistachio nuts
½ cup lamb cooking juices
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Pre-heat oven on Fan Plus 120°C. Place medium Gourmet oven dish on shelf position 2 and heat empty dish for 10 minutes.
- Place lamb in a hot oven dish with duck fat, rosemary and garlic, cover with foil or lid and cook for 6 hours.
- Remove lamb from duck fat and pick meat from bones and cool, set aside to be used in stage 2.
- Remove the skin from the confit garlic bulb and puree.
- Combine all ingredients in stage 2.
- Press lamb mixture into a lined mould measuring 11cm x 28cm and cover with plastic wrap and weigh down with some heavy cans. Set in fridge overnight.
- Cut terrine into desired portion size and serve with pickled radish, cornichons, pickled baby beets and toasted sourdough bread.
Hints and tips
- Duck fat can be filtered and re-used. Let the fat solidify and remove the meat sediment. Keep the sediment for a jus. Pack the filtered fat in an airtight container and refrigerate or freeze for later use.