4 lamb rumps
salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 slices of smoked mozzarella (“Il Casaro”)
2 large Aubergines
2 tablespoons of mint, finely chopped
2 tablespoons of parsley, finely chopped
2 tablespoons of raisins, finely chopped
3 tablespoons of chives, finely chopped
120ml of olive oil
½ teaspoon of raz el hanout spice
- Preheat the oven on Fan Plus 210˚C. Place the Aubergines on a baking tray and cook for 45 minutes or until it is soft.
- Once cooked, cut open and scoop out all the flesh. Discard the skin and gently chop the flesh. Mix the eggplant flesh with the finely chopped mint, parsley, raisins and chives. Add the olive oil, raz el hanout and season to taste. Set aside
- Preheat the oven on Moisture plus 180˚C, 1 manual burst of steam and follow the prompts.
- Season the lamb and sear skin-side down in a hot pan with a dash of oil. (This is purely to give a nice golden colour).
- Place the seared lamb onto the multi-purpose tray and into the oven on shelf level 2. Immediately release a burst of steam. Cook for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and leave to rest.
- Using the same pan you seared the lamb in, slice the mozzarella and pan-fry until golden brown.
- Place a slice of the mozzarella on the plate, add a generous amount of the eggplant mix and finish with the rump.