240g kingfish fillet, skin and blood line removed
200g kohlrabi, peeled and sliced thinly 2mm thick and cut into 6cm discs
100ml rice wine vinegar
50ml white wine or mirin
Pinch Murray River Sea Salt
24 naval orange segments
1 lime, zest and juice
1 tablespoons roasted pistachio
1 tablespoon of broccoli or canola flowers
2 tablespoons, extra virgin olive oil
Murray River Sea Salt
1. Slice kingfish thinly across the grain of the fish, similar to how you would slice a piece of beef eye fillet,
portion 80g of sliced fish per person.
2. In a saucepan on high heat, Induction setting 8-9, bring to the boil the vinegar, sugar, water and mirin.
Pour over the kohlrabi that has been thinly sliced and allow to cool in the pickling liquor. Then drain the
pickled kohlrabi on paper towel and set aside for plating.
3. Place kingfish portion in a bowl, micro plane over the lime zest then squeeze half of the zested lime into the bowl.
Dress with olive oil and season with salt.
4. Place the Kingfish slices on plate randomly, but neatly spreading each slice out thinly flat on the plate.
5. Place orange segments and kohlrabi around the gaps in the fish on the plate.
6. Liberally add the pistachios and any remaining dressing over each plate.