11/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 leeks, white part only,thinly sliced
500g shortcrust pastry
185g hot smoked salmon, flaked into pieces
2 tablespoons chopped chives
2 tablespoons chopped dill
2 tablespoon salted capers, rinsed
4 eggs, lightly beaten
400ml pouring cream
2 teaspoons horseradish cream
- Heat butter and olive oil in a frying pan. Add leek and cook on medium heat for 8 minutes or until soft. Cool.
- Roll out pastry to fit a 30cm fluted tart tin with removable base. Carefully place pastry into tin and press into base and sides of tin. Cover and rest in the fridge for 30 minutes. Trim edge.
- Preheat oven on Intensive Bake at 170°C.
- Spread cooked leek over pastry base and scatter with flaked salmon, herbs and capers.
- Whisk eggs, cream and horseradish sauce and season to taste.
- Pour cream mixture into pastry shell.
- Place on baking tray on shelf position 1.
- Cook for 35 minutes.
- Change function to Bottom Heat 170°C and cook for a further 30 minutes or until pastry is cooked and top is lightly puffed and golden.