750ml chicken stock
150g grated Gruyère
2 teaspoons thyme, finely chopped
2 teaspoons chives, finely chopped
Extra thyme and chives to serve
250g cherry tomatoes
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon raw sugar
Murray River Sea Salt to taste
1. Pre-heat oven on Fan Plus at 230°C.
2. Whisk eggs in a bowl, stir in stock, Gruyère, herbs and salt.
3. Ladle mixture among 8-10, 150ml ovenproof ramekins set in a perforated steam tray. Cover ramekins with baking paper and foil, tucking in the edges. Steam at 85°C for 35 minutes.
1. Combine tomatoes, oil and sugar in a roasting tray and season to taste.
2. Place in the oven on shelf position 3 and roast for 7-10 minutes until caramelised.
1. Arrange the tomatoes on top of the warm custards and serve scattered with extra herbs.