½ tsp salt
1 kg asparagus, trimmed
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Salt flakes, to taste
200 g sugar
200 ml water
2 lemons, sliced into 3mm disks
150 g butter
70 ml lemon juice
1. Heat the sugar, water and lemon disks in a small saucepan and cook on medium heat, induction setting 5 for 40 minutes.
2. Allow to cool, drain off syrup and remove any seeds.
3. Chop into small dice.
1. Place the butter in a small saucepan, half cover with a lid and cook on high heat, induction setting 7 for 5-8 minutes, or until lightly browned.
2. Remove from heat and allow to cool before pouring through a sieve leaving the last few tablespoons of dark milk solids in the pan.
3. Now stir into the candied lemon and add the lemon juice.
1. Toss the asparagus with the extra virgin olive oil and salt.
2. Place on a multi-purpose tray and preheat on Fan Grill at 200°C.
3. Place asparagus in the oven on shelf position 5 and cook for 8 minutes.
Hints and tips
1. Drizzle the asparagus with a little of the burnt butter and candied lemon. Season with salt flakes and gently mix together.
2. Place the asparagus on a serving platter, spoon the burnt butter and candied lemon over the top and serve the rest on the side.