|750g Jersey gold potatoes, skin on, washed
2 free range eggs, lightly beaten
2 ½ tsp salt
125g plain flour, plus extra for rolling
Green olive sauce
|Extra virgin olive, for frying
1 brown onion, large, finely diced
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
150g green olives, pitted and chopped
200ml vegetable stock
|90g unsalted butter
Olive oil, extra
Parmesan cheese, finely grated
Herb flowers, washed and picked
Green olives, additional, chopped
1. Place potatoes in a perforated steam container and Steam at 100°C for 45 minutes or until tender but not falling apart.
2. Remove from the oven and set aside at room temperature until cool enough to handle.
3. Once cool, press potatoes, skin intact through a ricer or mouli over a large clean bowl.
4. Add the eggs and salt to the potatoes and gently mix to combine.
5. Place flour onto the bench in a rectangular shape. Spread the potato mixture over the flour.
6. Using a pastry scraper work the potato mix into the flour until if comes together to form a dough.
7. Divide dough into quarters and roll each quarter into a long 2.5cm sausage.
8. Using the pastry scraper or a small knife, cut the sausage into 1.5cm pieces and set aside onto a paper lined baking tray.
9. Boil a large pot of salted water on Boost. Add gnocchi in batches and cook until they float to the surface, approximately 30 seconds. Remove with a perforated spoon and drain well. Set aside in a bowl.
Green olive sauce
|1. Heat oil in a frying pan on medium heat Induction setting 6. Add in onion and garlic and cook until translucent with no colour.|
|2. Deglaze frying pan with verjuice. Add in green olives, cream, vegetable stock and gently heat through on Induction setting 5.|
|3. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool completely before processing in a blender to a smooth consistency.|
|1. In a large frying pan on medium heat Induction setting 6, heat butter with olive oil and cook until ‘nut brown in colour.’|
|2. Add the gnocchi a few at a time and gently fry until all sides are golden brown. Once cooked, set aside on a plate and continue with remaining gnocchi.|
|3. Place a pool of green sauce onto a plate and top with a portion of the gnocchi.|
|4. Top with parmesan, herb flowers and additional green olives.|