500g bakers flour
15g salt flakes
4g dry yeast
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
Semolina and bakers flour for dusting
Seedless grapes and rosemary
Sliced pitted green olives, rosemary
Sliced pitted Kalamata olives, orange zest and fetta
1. In a large bowl, combine flour, salt and yeast. Add 20mls olive oil and water and mix with hands or a wooden spoon until no dry flour remains.
2. Cover the bowl with cling wrap and leave to prove for 12-24 hours at room temperature.
3. Pre-heat the gourmet baking stone on a rack on Conventional at 230°C on shelf position 2 for 30 minutes.
4. Turn the dough out onto a generously floured bench, form into a ball and leave to rise on the bench at room temperature whilst the baking stone is heating.
5. Press the dough into a rough circle approximately 2cm thick. Dust the baking paddle with semolina and transfer the dough onto the baking paddle.
6. Using your fingers, press down slightly to create dimples in the surface of the dough. Coat the dough with olive oil and press chosen toppings gently into the surface of the dough. Gently shake the baking paddle to ensure the dough is loose and will slide easily.
7. Change the oven to Moisture Plus at 190°C with 2 bursts of steam. Slide the dough onto the gourmet baking stone and bake for 25-30 minutes releasing the first burst of steam immediately and the 2nd burst of steam after 10 minutes.
8. The focaccia is ready when crisp and golden and sounds hollow when tapped.
9. Turn out carefully onto a cooling rack; allow to cool slightly before serving.