Duck confit and cranberry terrine
500g duck mince
350g duck confit, cut into approximately ½ cm cubes
¾ cup dried cranberries
1 tablespoon sweet sherry
2-3 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
½ teaspoon ground star anise
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground cloves
Brioche slider buns
360g bakers flour
1 teaspoon dry yeast
20g caster sugar
220g (4) eggs
120g cold butter, cubed
1 egg, beaten lightly
2 tablespoons sesame seeds (black or white)
Brioche slider buns
1. Pre-heat oven on Fan Plus at 190°C. Place all ingredients except the butter into an electric mixer with a dough hook and knead for 10 minutes on low speed.
2. Add butter, a little at a time, until all incorporated and continue beating for another ten minutes.
3. Tip out dough, knead lightly and place into a bowl using cling wrap to cover the bowl. Place in refrigerator overnight.
4. Knock down dough, shape into buns of approximately 20g each and place on a perforated baking tray lined with baking paper.
5. If your oven is equipped with Special Applications, you can select Prove yeast dough for 30 minutes, or leave to rest in a warm place until doubled in size.
6. Switch oven to Moisture Plus at 200°C with Automatic burst of steam.
7. Brush buns with egg wash and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
8. Place in the oven on shelf position 2 and bake for 8 minutes.
1. In a mixing bowl, combine together the confit duck, mince and cranberries.
2. In a separate small bowl, mix together the sherry with the salt and spices.
3. Mix the duck mixture and the spice mix together until fully incorporated.
4. Make a small patty with the mixture, approximately 2 tablespoons and cook in a small frying pan. Taste the patty and adjust the seasoning of the terrine if necessary.
5. Lay a piece of cling wrap, approximately 30cm x 40cm onto the bench.
6. Place 300g of the terrine mix onto the cling wrap and roll into a tight roll using the cling wrap. Twist each end of the cling wrap together and tie a knot to seal tightly.
7. Place the terrine in a perforated steam tray. Steam for 1 hour at 65°C.
8. Once cooked, place in the refrigerator to cool and slice into 1cm rounds.
1. Place a slice of terrine in the fresh brioche slider buns with cornichons, cress and Dijon mayonnaise.