Oranges, limes, lemons, finger limes or mandarins, cut into 3cm slices
- Line a perforated baking tray with baking paper. Lay the citrus slices on the tray.
- Place into the gourmet warming drawer on Food setting 2 for 8 hours.
- Store the slices in sterlised jars for up to 2 months.
Alternative appliance methods
- Place in the oven on Fan Plus at 70⁰C with the Crisp function activated.
Combi steam oven
- Place in the oven and select Combi mode: Fan Plus at 70°C + 0% moisture.
Hints and tips
- Dry at a lower temperature for longer to retain more colour.
- Dip the citrus in a light sugar syrup for extra sheen.
- Serve these slices in cocktails and non-alcoholic drinks
- Sterilise the jars using the ‘disinfect items’ function on Miele steam ovens. Alternatively steam the bottles upside down for 10 minutes at 100⁰C.
- Apples and pear slices can be dried in the same manner.