1 x 200g packet cooked
1 baguette, cut into 1cm slices
2 egg yolks
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp curry powder
1 lime, zest and juice
350ml vegetable oil
4 shallots, peeled and cut into
200ml rice wine vinegar
50g caster sugar
1 tsp sea salt flakes
1 tsp coriander seeds
12 black peppercorns
- Preheat oven on Fan Plus at 170°C.
- Evenly spread baguette slices onto a perforated baking tray, brush both sides with olive oil and season with salt.
- Place tray on shelf position 3 and bake until golden, approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Place the yolks, mustard, curry powder, lime zest and juice into a bowl. Add a pinch
of salt and whisk together.
- Slowly add oil, whisking continuously to form an emulsion. Check for seasoning.
- Place all the liquid ingredients into a saucepan. Bring to the boil and simmer for
- Leave to cool on the bench.
- Dress the shallot rings with a little of the pickling liquid and season with a pinch of salt.
- Combine crab and 2-3 tablespoons of the mayonnaise, check seasoning.
- Place one tablespoon of crab mixture on the toasts. Top with pickled shallot rings and garnish with micro coriander.
Hints and tips
- Extra garlic oil from the confit garlic for the roasted potatoes can also be used when toasting the bread. If preparing the Lamb rack on the same day; you can borrow some of the pickling liquid from the pickled kohlrabi and simply mix this together with the shallot rings.
- Toasts can be made in advance and stored in an air tight container.
- Curry mayonnaise can be made in advance and kept refrigerated for up to 3 days.