150 ml chardonnay vinegar
25 g caster sugar
10 g salt flakes
1 cup soft herbs leaves i.e. dill, chervil
4 fish Blue Cod skins, scales and flesh removed
Oil, for frying
1 lemon, zested and juiced
150 g crème fraiche
Pinch salt flakes
10 g fresh horseradish, finely grated
- Mix the chardonnay vinegar, sugar and salt together.
- Toss in the herbs and let them pickle for a few minutes prior to serving.
- Drain before serving.
- Place fish skin in a perforated steam container lined with baking paper and Steam at 100°C for 5 minutes.
- Slide the baking paper and skin onto a perforated oven tray and dehydrate on Conventional at 80°C for approximately 2 hours, or until crispy. This can also be done in a combi steam oven at 0% moisture at 80°C for an hour.
- Place the oil into a large saucepan on high heat, induction setting 9 until it reaches 170°C on a cooking thermometer.
- Shallow fry fish skins until puffed and crispy. Remove from oil and drain on paper towel. Season lightly with salt while still hot.
- Lightly fold in the lemon juice and zest into the crème fraiche, season to taste.
- Lightly spread the creme fraiche on the fish skin. Top with the pickled herbs and grated horseradish.