500g raw, white fish, trimmed
70g egg whites
500g raw spanner crab meat
¼ bunch chives, finely chopped
25g Murray River Salt Flakes
1 lemon, zested and juiced
3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
3 tbs butter
4 cloves garlic, peeled, crushed
500ml white wine
4 cups, rigatoni, cooked
1 tsp dried chilli flakes
1. Using a food processor, quickly pulse the raw, cold fish. Add the cream and blend for 10 seconds.
2. Add the egg whites and salt, blend for another 10 seconds.
3. Pass the mixture through a drum sieve, and then fold through the crab and chives, season with lemon juice.
4. Shape into balls using 2 teaspoons, and place into a paper lined unperforated steam container.
5. In a small saucepan over medium heat, Induction setting 6, add the olive oil, one tablespoon of butter and the crushed garlic and cook for 2 minutes, or until the garlic is soft and aromatic.
6. Add the white wine, bring to the boil then turn the heat to a simmer.
7. Place the cooked rigatoni into a perforated steam container and place in the Steam Oven.
8. Once the white wine has reduced by a third, pour over the seafood balls and place into the Steam Oven, along with the pasta at 85°C for 2 minutes.
9. Once the seafood balls are cooked and the pasta re-heated, mix together in a large mixing bowl. Season well with black pepper, salt, lemon juice and zest. Serve immediately.