4 large free range chicken drumsticks
4 large free range chicken thighs (skin on)
½ cup rice flour
120g pancetta lardons
3 tbs olive oil
2 carrots, diced
1 onion, diced
2 sticks celery, diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 bay leaves
4 sprigs thyme
300ml chicken stock
500ml red wine
8 cocktail onions, cut in half
8 garlic cloves, skin removed
4 button mushrooms, sliced 5mm
4 baby carrots, peeled
4 baby turnips, peeled
4 Brussel sprouts
3 tbs grape seed oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
500g Agria potatoes
1 garlic clove, crushed
125ml olive oil
Italian parsley, shallow fried
Chives, finely sliced
Coq au vin
- Render the pancetta lardons in a Gourmet oven dish over a high heat, Induction setting 8, until brown. Remove pancetta and reserve for plating.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper then lightly dust with rice flour. In a frying pan, sauté the chicken in pancetta oil over medium high heat, Induction setting 8, until brown (approximately 5-8 minutes).
- Remove the chicken from the frying pan, reduce the heat to Induction setting 7 add the diced vegetables, and crushed garlic. Sauté until nicely caramelised (approximately 20-25 minutes).
- Deglaze the frying pan with wine and port. Cook the alcohol off and reduce by half.
- Return the chicken to the frying pan, skin side down and add enough chicken stock to partly cover the meat.
- Add the bay leaves and thyme and bring the stock to a slow simmer, Induction setting 3 for 5 minutes, before removing
from the heat.
- Select Fan Plus at 180°C. Cover the dish with foil, shiny side down and place on shelf position 2 and Cook for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, turn the chicken over to coat in the sauce. Check that it is cooked before removing and leaving to rest.
- Strain the liquid through a sieve into a saucepan and place on a high heat, Induction setting 7, to reduce.
- Pre-heat Oven on Fan Plus at 200°C.
- Heat oil in a frying pan on high heat, Induction setting 8. Sauté onions, cut side down until they are caramelised. Remove from the frying pan and set aside.
- Add the mushrooms to the frying pan and sauté until brown.
- Toss the remaining vegetables in oil, salt and pepper.
- Place the vegetables in a Gourmet oven dish and place in the Oven to Roast for 15-20 minutes. After 15 minutes add the
onions and mushrooms and cook for a further 5-10 minutes.
- Peel and cut potatoes into quarters and place in a Perforated steam tray and Steam at 100°C for 20 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from Steam Oven and mash or pass through a potato ricer.
- Heat milk in a pan on medium heat, Induction setting 4. Add garlic and butter to milk and cook until just below boiling.
- Place mashed potato into a saucepan on low heat, Induction setting 1-2 and warm through.
- Add hot garlic infused milk, butter and salt flakes. Beat until completely absorbed then add the olive oil and beat again until completely absorbed.
Hints and tips
- Agria potatoes are a firm and floury potato with a deep yellow flesh and can be substituted for Dutch Cream or King Edward potatoes.