200ml coconut cream (Kara brand)
80ml soy milk
½ vanilla bean, scraped
2 egg yolks
60g coconut sugar
3 large egg whites
¾ cup caster sugar
¼ cup desiccated coconut
¼ pineapple, trimmed, thinly cut into circles
200ml star anise flavoured sugar syrup
20g coriander, chiffonade
30g freeze dried lychees
5g coriander flowers
Coconut shards & pomegranate seeds (optional)
1. Place 4 silicon dariole moulds on a perforated steam tray and set aside.
2. Place the coconut cream, soy milk and vanilla in a medium sized saucepan and infuse for 30 minutes on a low heat, Induction setting 3
3. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together yolks, eggs and sugar. Remove coconut cream mixture from the heat and slowly add to egg mixture, whisking as you go.
4. Stand the mixture for 5 minutes then skim any bubbles from the surface.
5. Pour the custard evenly into the dariole moulds and cover with
6. Place into the Steam Oven and Steam at 85°C for 35 minutes or until custards are set.
7. Once cooked, remove from Steam Oven and let the custards cool to room temperature. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
1. Line a Baking tray with baking paper
2. Pre-heat Warming Drawer on cooking function, setting 5.
3. Place the egg whites and sugar into a mixing bowl of an electric mixer. Set the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, Induction setting 5-6, making sure that the water does not touch the base of the bowl.
4. Stir gently with a whisk until the temperature reaches 60°C with a digital food thermometer or until the mixture becomes runny. The sugar will now be dissolved.
5. Return the bowl to the mixer and whisk on high speed for 5 minutes or until very white, glossy and the peaks hold firm.
6. Using a spatula, thinly spread meringue onto pre-prepared baking tray. The thickness should be 2mm.
7. Sprinkle coconut on top, then place in the warming drawer for 4 hours.
1. Add the sliced pineapple to the syrup and then add the coriander,
infusing for 10 minutes before serving.
1. Remove coconut custard from the Refrigerator and run a paring knife around the edge of each mould. Invert the custard onto a dessert plate.
2. Arrange the pineapple and pour coriander syrup over the top. Garnish with freeze dried lychees, coconut shards and coriander flowers.