2 x 400ml cans coconut milk
120g chia seeds
100ml maple syrup
½ punnet strawberries, hulled and cut into quarters
½ punnet raspberries, hulled and kept whole
50g roasted macadamia nuts, chopped
- Place coconut milk, chia seeds and maple syrup into a bowl and mix together.
- Divide evenly among 4-6 small glass jars or bowls and cover.
- Place in the steam oven and steam at 100°C for 6 minutes. The pudding should have thickened and can be placed into the refrigerator to cool for 10-20 minutes.
- Place the berries in a solid steam tray and steam at 100°C for 2 minutes.
Hints and Tips
- Serve the poached berries on top of the chia puddings and top with the chopped macadamia nut.
- Great for a post workout option with carbohydrates for refuelling and protein to help muscle repair.
- A delicious breakfast that you can make ahead of time to make the morning rush a little easier!
- A protein rich dessert with berries for added antioxidants.
- Substitute poached berries for poached apple or pears as an alternative.
- Excellent source of fibre.