1 cup rolled oats
1 cup plain flour
²/³ cup caster sugar
¾ cup desiccated coconut
2 tbsp golden syrup
½ tsp bi-carb soda
1 tbsp boiling water
150g dark Valrhona chocolate
- Combine oats, sifted flour, sugar and coconut.
- Combine butter and golden syrup in a small saucepan and stir on low-medium heat, induction setting 4, until butter is melted.
- Mix bi-carb soda with boiling water and add to the melted butter mixture. Stir into the dry ingredients.
- Place teaspoons of mixture on baking paper lined baking trays, allowing room for spreading.
- Place in the oven on Fan Plus at 140°C and bake for approximately 15-20 minutes, or until the biscuits are golden.
- Bake the biscuits for an additional 5 minutes for a crunchy consistency.
- Remove from the oven and cool on trays.
- Melt chocolate on low temperature, induction setting 1, until chocolate is melted and glossy.
- Drizzle chocolate over biscuits, or transfer into a piping bag to pipe over the top of each biscuit.
Hints & Tips
- The biscuit dough can be frozen in a roll, or in the cut discs.