Chocolate wattle seed biscuit
300g self-raising flour
25g cocoa powder, sieved
15g ground wattleseed
250g soft butter
125g caster sugar
Extra wattle seed for sprinkling on biscuits before baking
125g dark chocolate
1. Pre-heat oven on Fan Plus at 160°C.
2. In a bowl mix together flour, cocoa and wattleseeds.
3. Cream butter and sugar, then blend in the flour mix until just combined. It may look dry to start with but it will bind into a dough.
4. Roll into 5g balls and place onto a baking paper lined baking tray. Allow space between each biscuit for spreading.
5. Using a fork gently make an imprint into the top of each biscuit, and then sprinkle each biscuit with extra wattleseeds.
6. Place tray on shelf position 3 and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool before filling with ganache.
1. Bring cream to the boil on high heat, Induction Setting 7 and then remove from heat.
2. Stir through chocolate until completely melted. Allow ganache to cool until it is a suitable consistency to pipe.
3. Pipe ganache onto flat side of a biscuit and then sandwich together with another biscuit to make a yoyo.
Hints and tips
- These biscuits can be made and frozen ahead of time.
- These biscuits can also be filled with dulce de leche. Dulce de leche is easily made in the steam oven by steaming tins of sweetened condensed milk for 3 hours at 100°C.