1 cup quinoa
400g chicken tenderloins
200g green beans
2 celery stalks, finely sliced
2 spring onions, finely sliced
125ml extra virgin olive oil
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
1 clove garlic
2 tbs capers
¼ cup basil leaves, picked and washed
½ red or green chilli
Murray River salt flakes, to taste
½ red chilli, thinly sliced
3 tbs pine nuts, toasted
Basil leaves for garnish
Zest of 1 lemon
1. Place the ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Season with salt flakes.
1. Place quinoa and water in a Solid steam tray on shelf position 1. Steam at 100°C for 11 minutes.
2. Leave the quinoa in the Oven and place chicken in another Solid steam tray on shelf position 2. Steam at 100°C for 3 minutes.
3. Place green beans on a Perforated steam tray on shelf position 3 with the quinoa and chicken in the Oven. Steam at 100°C for 2 minutes.
4. Allow the quinoa to stand without stirring until cool.
5. Shred chicken using a fork into thin strips
6. In a large bowl combine celery, spring onions, rocket, quinoa and half the dressing. Season to taste.
1. Place on a large serving platter and arrange the chicken and green beans on top of the quinoa mix.
2. Dress with the remaining pesto and sprinkle with pine nuts, chillies basil leaves and lemon zest.
HINTS AND TIPS
• You can use any colour of quinoa – a mixture of colours works very well.
• This salad is delicious cold and can be made the day before for a healthy lunch on the go.
• Chilli pesto will keep in an airtight jar for at least one week.