900g chicken wings
3 litres water
500g chicken wings (reserved from chicken stock recipe)
15g chilli powder
15g dried ginger
8g dried turmeric
15g black pepper, ground
30g smoked paprika
30g onion powder
2 tablespoons plain flour
- Place all ingredients into a deep solid steam tray.
- Place in the Pressure Steam Oven and pressure steam at 120°C for 45 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the Pressure Steam Oven and rest the wings in the refrigerator.
- Pass the liquid through a sieve and reserve.
- Pre-heat the oil in a large pot on medium-high heat, Induction setting 7 (180°C).
- In a small bowl, combine all seasoning ingredients.
- Place the buttermilk in a shallow tray and submerge the wings so they are evenly covered, carefully drain the wings and coat in the spice seasoning.
- Once the oil is at temperature, gently place chicken wings into the hot oil and cook for 1 minute, or until golden brown.
- Remove chicken from the pot and drain oil off with a paper towel