Pinch saffron threads
250 ml (1 cup) evaporated milk
25 g ghee
6 green cardamon pods, bruised
500 g carrots, coarsely grated
Pinch salt flakes
55 g (¼ cup firmly packed) brown sugar
2 tbsp white sugar
40 g (¼ cup) sultanas
35 g (¼ cup) slivered pistachios
- Combine the saffron and evaporated milk into a bowl, stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the ghee in a frying pan on medium-high heat, induction setting 7, add the cardamon and fry for 10 seconds or until aromatic. Add the carrot and salt, cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until the carrots and soft and the liquid has evaporated.
- Pour in the saffron mixture. Bring to the boil and reduce heat to medium low, induction setting 4, and cook for 20 minutes, or until the liquid has evaporated.
- Add the sugar and sultanas and cook, stirring constantly, for 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Cool slightly and scatter the nuts over the top.