300 g bread flour
150 g spelt flour
50 g rolled oats
10 g brown sugar
7g instant dried yeast
3 g bread improver
350 ml warm water
15 g vegetable oil
10g caraway seeds
- Place all dry ingredients except caraway seeds into the bowl of an electric mixer with a dough hook attached.
- Add the liquid ingredients and run on low speed until the dough is smooth and elastic (around 2 minutes).
- Add the caraway seeds and mix until well combined into dough. Knead lightly on a floured bench, shape into a rough ball and place into a large greased bowl. Cover with cling film.
- Place into the Oven on Conventional at 40°C and prove until doubled in size (around 1 hour).
- Once proved, knock dough back, divide in half and shape into two loaves. Place onto a baking tray sprinkled with flour. Slash the tops of the loaves with a sharp knife.
- Place back into Oven and choose:
Automatic > Bread > Baguettes. Follow the prompts on screen.
- Allow the bread to rest for at least 10 minutes before cutting.
- H 5000 Ovens produce a very dark crust; the lowest browning setting is often the most appropriate. H 6000 Ovens produce very accurate browning so choose the browning level that best suits your requirements.
- If you are making this bread by hand, you will need to continue kneading for around 10 minutes.