1kg lamb mince
12 metal skewers (20–25cm long)
Cajun spice mix
1 tsp fennel seeds, toasted and crushed
2 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp dried thyme
2 tsp dried parsley
2 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp chilli flakes
3 tsp Murray River salt flakes
Roast vegetable salad
750g seasonal vegetables, cut into 3cm portions
eg. zucchini, yellow squash, capsicums,
sweet potato, red onion
1 tsp Murray River salt flakes
150g mixed salad leaves
125g natural yoghurt
2 tbs fresh lime juice
2 tbs verjuice
2 tbs fresh mint, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
Coriander leaves, picked and washed
1. Pre-heat the Oven on Fan Grill at 200°C.
2. Lightly toast the fennel seeds in a frying pan on Induction setting 6 until fragrant.
3. Combine spices and mix well.
4. Place the lamb in a large bowl, combine with all of the Cajun spices and mix together thoroughly for about 3 minutes
with your hands.
5. Divide the lamb mixture into 12 equal portions. Using clean wet hands, shape into sausages approximately 10cm long
and thread each one onto a skewer. A small bowl of water assists to shape the koftas.
1. Paper line a Multi-purpose tray with the grilling and roasting insert on top.
2. Toss the vegetables pieces with oil and salt. Transfer to the Multi-purpose tray along with the koftas.
3. Roast on shelf position 5 for 10-15 minutes or until the lamb is firm to the touch.
1. Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl and season to taste.
2. Place the salad leaves onto a platter, top with the roast vegetables and drizzle over the dressing.
3. Place the lamb on a warmed serving platter remaining dressing in a bowl.