200g puff pastry
250g butternut pumpkin pieces
1 tsp sage and rosemary, chopped
½ tsp nutmeg, grated
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 tbs water
¼ cup pumpkin seeds, toasted
1. Place the pumpkin pieces in a Perforated steam tray and Steam at 100°C for 6-8 minutes. Once soft, lightly crush.
2. Place the crushed pumpkin and remaining filling ingredients in a bowl, and combine.
3. Roll out the puff pastry to a 10mm thickness and slice in half.
4. Beat the egg and water together to make an egg wash and brush the outside edges of the pastry.
5. Spread the butternut mixture evenly over the pastry, leaving the edges free of mix.
6. Roll the pastry in on itself like a pinwheel. Place in the freezer for 15 minutes until firm.
7. Remove pastry from the freezer and cut each roll into 24 rounds and place on a Baking tray.
8. Brush the remaining egg wash over the top of each pastry then sprinkle with pumpkin seeds.
9. Select Moisture Plus at 190˚C with 1 burst of steam and place the Baking tray on shelf position 2. Release the burst of steam immediately and continue to cook for 20 minutes.
10. Remove from Oven and serve immediately.