1 head broccoli, finely chopped
1½ cups finely chopped kale leaves
1 bunch cavolo nero; half chopped, half left whole
3 cups loosely packed mint, flat leaf parsley and coriander
2 lemons, zested and juiced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
100ml extra virgin olive oil
2 small red onions, peeled and sliced into rounds
1 tsp sumac
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 bay leaf
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
½ tsp white sugar
½ tsp salt flakes
1. Combine the ingredients in a vacuum sealing bag. Place into the vacuum sealing drawer and Vacuum on setting 3 and Seal on setting 3. Alternatively, combine in a small bowl and pickle in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
1. Soak burghul in a bowl of boiling water for 5 minutes and drain.
2. Combine the kale, broccoli, chopped cavolo nero, burghul and herbs in a large serving dish or bowl.
3. Place the whole cavolo nero leaves in a perforated steam container and Steam at 100°C for 1 minute. Refresh in iced water.
4. Heat a small amount of oil in a small saucepan, add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add the remaining oil, lemon juice and zest and season to taste.
5. Lay the wilted cavolo nero leaves along the side of a serving bowl. Top with the burghul mixture and pickle and pour the warm dressing over the top.